From:
Re: tog: implement diff view 'p' keymap to write patch file
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 2024 17:12:47 +0200

Mark Jamsek:

> As mentioned in the log view 'm' keymap thread, this is the next step to
> facilitate code review workflows with a new 'p' keymap to write out the
> currently viewed diff to a patch file.
>
> We write to a file in /tmp and report the path to the status line.

That's a weird place.  As a user, I never really need to look into
/tmp or grab files from there.

Home directory?  Or simply the current working directory?  Just
about everything in the Unix world defaults to writing to the cwd.
That is a bit at odds with invoking tog in a worktree, but is it a
good idea to diverge from such a fundamental convention?  IIRC,
git-format-patch also dumps its output into the cwd, so typically
the worktree/repository, for whatever that is worth.