From:
Re: tog log & got-read-pack on the fly:
To:
Martin Pieuchot <mpi@openbsd.org>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2019 16:33:17 +0200

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 04:05:41PM +0200, Martin Pieuchot wrote:
> On 15/10/19(Tue) 12:30, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> > Is there a problem with the backspace key in your case?
>
> No, only with the user (o:

I see that the current UI is a bit awkward.

It would be far more intuitive if search ran in the background, and
marked up matches visually in some way, independently of the cursor.
Once matches become available, the n/N keys would move the cursor to
the next/previous match relative to the cursor's current position.
This way, the main mode of operation would not be interrupted while
a search is in progress.