From:
Re: gotweb
To:
Tracey Emery <tracey@traceyemery.net>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 2019 12:15:22 +0200

  • Tracey Emery:

    gotweb

    • Stefan Sperling:

      gotweb

      • Tracey Emery:

        gotweb

        • Stefan Sperling:

          gotweb

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 01:54:26PM -0600, Tracey Emery wrote:
> Hey Stefan! Thanks for the new mailing list and all the cool work on
> got. Just an FYI, I have a very loose framework started for gotweb.
> Hopefully I haven't started the train completely off the tracks.
>
> You can see what's been done here:
>
> https://git.traceyemery.net/cgi-bin/gitweb/index.cgi?p=got;a=tree;h=refs/heads/gotweb;hb=refs/heads/gotweb
>
> I haven't rebased with master for a couple of weeks, so there aren't
> any current changes included.
>
> I still need to read through the code of your libraries and really get a
> feel for what Kristaps has written.
>
> Take care,
>
> Tracey
>
> --
>
> Tracey Emery

Hey Tracey,

Since you mentioned on bsd.network that you'd made some progress
I browsed the code a bit and it looks like a great start!

I didn't know about scandir(3), that might be useful in other places
of the code, too.

In gw_log() you have some commented-out code for opening a worktree.
I don't think anything from got_worktree.h should be needed for gotweb,
since it can operate on a repository directly. If there's any functionality
you need for reading a repository which is not available in the current set
of APIs just let me know.

Cheers!