From:
Re: gotweb
To:
Tracey Emery <tracey@traceyemery.net>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 2019 17:40:41 +0200

  • Stefan Sperling:

    gotweb

    • Tracey Emery:

      gotweb

      • Stefan Sperling:

        gotweb

        • Tracey Emery:

          gotweb

        • Jerome KASPER:

          gotweb

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 09:22:14AM -0600, Tracey Emery wrote:
> In the interest of simplicity, I setup an account at framagit.org and
> forked the got tree. All of the most recent code will now be pushed to
> my gotweb branch at https://framagit.org/basepr1me/got/tree/gotweb. As
> the complexity of gotweb has grown, I thought it would be easier to do a
> pull-request when it's time to merge. If there's another way you'd
> prefer to do it, we can cross that bridge when we get there.

Yes, we will. As far as I'm concerned, once it's working in a basic
fashion it should go into the main repo and be improved there.

> I think that most of the plumbing is in place. As I finally started to
> wrap my brain around the complexities and inner workings of Kristaps
> kcgi stuff, I opted to go with his templating design to keep the gotweb
> code more streamlined. Templates and stylesheets seem easier for future
> cosmetic tweaking.
>
> I think I'm now down to generating the templates and piping in content
> from the got libraries, which is a whole other boatload of work. But,
> it's coming along.

I would consider this basically working when it can display the four
things which tog can display: log, diff, blame, tree.

And by "display" I mean display. Not search, filter, highlight, etc.
Any such work can be done later.

Just ping me when you've reached a point where you'd want me to do an audit.

> If anyone is a CSS expert, that would greatly help too!

Perhaps jcs? :-)