From:
Re: show original content in merge conflicts
To:
Sebastien Marie <semarie@online.fr>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2019 15:25:03 +0200

  • Todd C. Miller:

  • On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 09:07:25AM +0200, Sebastien Marie wrote:
    > On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 03:04:53PM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
    > > Coming back to this suggestion from you, how is this?
    > >
    > > <<<<<<< merged change: commit 1234abc....
    > > content of new file in repository
    > > content of original file in repository
    > > =======
    > > content of locally modified file
    > > >>>>>>>

    > for me, this kind of output is fine. I am just wondering if having descriptive
    > labels ("merged change" and "3-way merge base") is only a matter of taste or
    > not. so if someone else could comment on that, it would be fine.

    I think it's largely a matter of taste.

    If people don't like the current phrasing or find it confusing somehow,
    we can still change it.

  • Todd C. Miller: