From:
Tracey Emery <tracey@traceyemery.net>
Re: gotweb
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2019 07:57:18 -0700

    • Jerome KASPER:

      gotweb

      • Tracey Emery:

        gotweb

  • Tracey Emery:

    gotweb

    • Stefan Sperling:

      gotweb

      • Tracey Emery:

        gotweb

  • On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 12:15:22PM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
    > In gw_log() you have some commented-out code for opening a worktree.
    > I don't think anything from got_worktree.h should be needed for gotweb,
    > since it can operate on a repository directly. If there's any functionality
    > you need for reading a repository which is not available in the current set
    > of APIs just let me know.
    >
    > Cheers!

    Greetings Stefan,

    This weekend, I was working on two more possible user scenarios for
    gotweb. Currently, I've been building on top of bare git cloned repos.
    Then I thought, what if a user wanted to use gotweb on actual cloned
    repos or their worktrees. So, I began by detecting the existence of .got
    and .git directories.

    This all works fine and dandy on git repos, but when got_repo_open
    attempts to open a got repo, the "no git repository found" error is
    thrown.

    So, 1) Is this where the worktree commands come into play, directly on a
    got worktree, and 2) do we suppose anyone might use gotweb in this
    fashion?

    Personally, I'd never keep my work repos in /var/www, but didn't know if
    someone else might. 3) In the long-term plans for gotd, is that going to
    work against bare repos with a got checkout process, similar to how it's
    currently working with git?

    Thanks. Just didn't want to spend more time on this code path, if it's
    the wrong path to go down.

    Regards,

    Tracey
    --