From:
Re: got log and subdirectories?
To:
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2020 20:13:38 +0100

On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 07:55:52PM +0100, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> I wonder to how many other commands that description would need to
> be copied.  got diff, for one.

Yes, that's right. Mentioning this everywhere it applies would be good.
The documentation can repeat itself, that's fine, as long as it is accurate.
This also allows us to judge how good our UI consistency actually is.

> And I just noticed that inside a work tree, "got tree" behaves like
> "tog tree .", and "tog tree" like "got tree /".

Ye, this is inconsistent, unfortunately.
In this case I would say we should fix got to match tog, for now, to
conform to the "no implicit dot" rule.
'got tree' was written very early on and I made up new rules as development
progressed. And I didn't go back to fix everything.

It's great that you're pointing these inconsistencies out because they
do really need to be fixed. I don't actually care which way.
We just need to decide on a convention and apply it consistently.
Would you prefer an implicit dot to apply everywhere?