From:
Ted Bullock <tbullock@comlore.com>
Subject:
Progress bars
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2022 20:05:57 -0700

  • Ted Bullock:

    Progress bars

Hey guys,

Using got on the older system has been a bit of a trial in patience,
specifically some operations like commit and status take a fair amount
of time to complete on my setup.  I'm not certain if a progress bar or %
complete status makes sense but it would be useful to indicate that
indeed things are happening and all is well.

While I've been writing this, I have been waiting for a commit operation
to complete and have stepped away to talk to family, rummaged around the
fridge and read a wikipedia article, also since it still wasn't complete
I opened up top on a different terminal just to make sure it hadn't
become stuck.

Anyway... progress bars; some sanity for those of us living with
stupidly slow devices. Just a thought :P

--
Ted Bullock <tbullock@comlore.com>