From:
Mikhail <mp39590@gmail.com>
Re: [patch] filter log by author pattern
To:
Evan Silberman <evan@jklol.net>, gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Sat, 11 Jun 2022 23:08:22 +0300

On Sat, Jun 11, 2022 at 09:20:43PM +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> > Well, just got what you probably meant - one is supposed to write full
> > author info, like 'stsp@openbsd.org' to get proper result, so probably
> > -S matching author/committer is a right way.
>
> Yes. If a regex matches things you don't want to see, then the regex
> can be improved to match only the things you want to see.

One thing which came to my mind - using 'got log' in scripts for
statistics, with '-a' one can be 100% sure to get proper results, but
with -S by an author we can hit more matches, if somebody will put an
email in commit message.