From:
Re: u/ctrl-u/d/ctrl-d bindings for scrolling in tog
To:
Mark Jamsek <mark@jamsek.com>
Cc:
Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>, gameoftrees@openbsd.org, Mikhail <mp39590@gmail.com>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jun 2022 18:36:00 +0200

  • Mark Jamsek:

  • On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 12:31:33AM +1000, Mark Jamsek wrote:
    > On 22-06-12 03:40pm, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
    > > Stefan Sperling:
    > >
    > > > In my opinion it would make sense to match less(1) behaviour and implement
    > > > half-page scroll for ^D and ^U. Or only offer the full-page scroll bindings
    > > > used by less(1), i.e. delete our ^D and ^U keybindings again.
    > >
    > > Personally, I have no use for ^D/^U.  I'm not opposed to adding it
    > > with "scroll half-screen" semantics, though.
    > >

    > Something like this?

    Don't only Ctrl+u/Ctrl+u scroll half a page?
    It seems this patch is deleting the u/d keys again, which as far as I
    understood should remain as a full-page scroll?
    (If I misunderstood something, please forgive me; I never knew about
    these shortcuts in less(1) before this discussion.)

    Style-wise, I would prefer /= 2 over >>= 1. This makes the code more
    accessible to people who are still in the process of learning C. Modern
    compilers are smart enough to implement division by 2 via bit shift.

  • Mark Jamsek:

    u/ctrl-u/d/ctrl-d bindings for scrolling in tog