From:
Re: u/ctrl-u/d/ctrl-d bindings for scrolling in tog
To:
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Sun, 12 Jun 2022 21:26:57 +0200

On Sun, Jun 12, 2022 at 07:37:12PM +0200, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> Stefan Sperling:
>
> > Don't only Ctrl+u/Ctrl+u scroll half a page?
> > It seems this patch is deleting the u/d keys again, which as far as I
> > understood should remain as a full-page scroll?
>
> >From the less(1) manual:
>
>     d | ^D
>            Scroll forward N lines, default one half of the screen size.
>
>     u | ^U
>            Scroll backward N lines, default one half of the screen size.

I see. The choice of having both the plain key and the key + Ctrl do
the exact same thing seems strange to me. This choice seems to go all
the way back to more(1). I guess I'll simply have to accept what the
graybeards of old inherited to us :)