From:
Re: u/ctrl-u/d/ctrl-d bindings for scrolling in tog
To:
Mark Jamsek <mark@jamsek.com>
Cc:
Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>, gameoftrees@openbsd.org, Mikhail <mp39590@gmail.com>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2022 10:06:53 +0200

  • Mikhail:

  • On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 10:16:35AM +1000, Mark Jamsek wrote:
    > C-u and C-d are the same (half-page scroll) as u and d in more(1) or
    > less(1). And as Christian suggested, I thought d and u might be best
    > left for other keymaps (e.g., we use last modified 'd'ate in branch and
    > tree views).

    Alright. It seems Mikhail wanted plain 'd/u', but based on the input
    by you and naddy, your patch seems like a reasonable compromise to me.

    I like your idea about moving to the last-modified entry directly.
    There is already the 'o' key in 'tog ref' which sorts entries by
    timestamp. Does this satisfy the use case you suggest for 'd'?
    Should support for 'o' be ported to the tree view for consistency?

    > > Style-wise, I would prefer /= 2 over >>= 1. This makes the code more
    > > accessible to people who are still in the process of learning C. Modern
    > > compilers are smart enough to implement division by 2 via bit shift.
    >
    > Done!

    Committed, thanks!

  • Mikhail:

    u/ctrl-u/d/ctrl-d bindings for scrolling in tog