From:
Re: u/ctrl-u/d/ctrl-d bindings for scrolling in tog
To:
Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>, gameoftrees@openbsd.org, Mikhail <mp39590@gmail.com>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jun 2022 15:41:45 +1000

  • Mikhail:

  • On 22-06-13 10:06am, Stefan Sperling wrote:
    > On Mon, Jun 13, 2022 at 10:16:35AM +1000, Mark Jamsek wrote:
    > > C-u and C-d are the same (half-page scroll) as u and d in more(1) or
    > > less(1). And as Christian suggested, I thought d and u might be best
    > > left for other keymaps (e.g., we use last modified 'd'ate in branch and
    > > tree views).
    >
    > Alright. It seems Mikhail wanted plain 'd/u', but based on the input
    > by you and naddy, your patch seems like a reasonable compromise to me.
    >
    > I like your idea about moving to the last-modified entry directly.
    > There is already the 'o' key in 'tog ref' which sorts entries by
    > timestamp. Does this satisfy the use case you suggest for 'd'?
    > Should support for 'o' be ported to the tree view for consistency?

    For the case you mention, I think 'o' satisfies it well. It's simple to
    key 'og' and get the most recent entry. I was actually thinking of
    something else but rather than derail this thread I'll post a new one.

    Regarding 'o' in tree view, that's a pretty good idea to get a quick
    view of what files have seen recent activity, and makes it easy to
    drill down further with 'l' or 'ret'.

    > > > Style-wise, I would prefer /= 2 over >>= 1. This makes the code more
    > > > accessible to people who are still in the process of learning C. Modern
    > > > compilers are smart enough to implement division by 2 via bit shift.
    > >
    > > Done!
    >
    > Committed, thanks!

    No worries. Thank you!

    --
    Mark Jamsek
    GPG: F2FF 13DE 6A06 C471 CA80  E6E2 2930 DC66 86EE CF68

  • Mikhail:

    u/ctrl-u/d/ctrl-d bindings for scrolling in tog