From:
Re: u/ctrl-u/d/ctrl-d bindings for scrolling in tog
To:
Cc:
Mikhail <mp39590@gmail.com>, gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2022 17:25:04 +1000

On 22-06-15 05:20pm, Mark Jamsek wrote:
> On 22-06-14 11:01pm, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> > Mikhail:
> >
> > > In my opinion less-like keybindings for scrolling (I'm talking about
> > > 'u/d' here, as Ctrl-u/Ctrl-d patch has been accepted) can be useful at
> > > least for log and diff views, because their use most closely relate
> > > to a 'pager' (not an editor, as vi) - basically it requires a lot of
> >
> > I'm strongly opposed to having different movement keys in different
> > views.
> >

> I can't think of any potential useful mnemonics for either of these in
> the log or diff views except for making the date field in the log view
> toggleable rather than dependent on COLUMNS. And 'd'own is just as good
> if not better than 'd'ate so, like Stefan suggests, changing the date
> toggle to 'm' will make 'd' available for scrolling again.

My mistake: I was thinking of the hash field. So, no, I can't think of
anything for 'd' in the log view either.

--
Mark Jamsek
GPG: F2FF 13DE 6A06 C471 CA80  E6E2 2930 DC66 86EE CF68