From:
Re: got import -> gotadmin import
To:
Stefan Sperling <stsp@stsp.name>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2022 17:16:03 +0200

Stefan Sperling:

> This patch moves 'got import' into gotadmin.
>
> Having written the patch I am not quite sure if this is really
> a good idea. The stated purpose of gotadmin is "inspecting and
> manipulating the on-disk state of Git repositories". I am not
> sure if creating new root commits (vendor branches) should be
> part of this scope. Perhaps 'got import' is indeed the better
> place for this functionality?

I think "got import" is indeed the better place, especially if it's
not only used to initially populate a repository, but also for
creating vendor branches as you indicate.

I guess the got/gotadmin split is patterned after svn/svnadmin, and
that seems a good guide to follow ("svn import", "svnadmin create").