From:
Re: got import -> gotadmin import
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2022 20:43:15 +0200

On Wed, Jul 06, 2022 at 08:05:04AM -0600, Tracey Emery wrote:
> I prefer both got init and got import, but have no strong opinion. It
> feels weird to me moving those to gotadmin. There are cases where I
> would never have a server-side component for several repos, if I
> remember to got init move argument.

For the server-only use case, imagine you are the admin but not a
user of the repos. It should be possible to perform administrative
tasks with 'gotadmin', including "please create a new repository
on the server so we can push to it".

gotadmin still needs to learn a few skills, e.g. for backing up the data,
which is a purely server-side concern if the "single source of truth
repository" model is being followed.