From:
Mikhail <mp39590@gmail.com>
Re: reset committer name during rebase and histedit
To:
Omar Polo <op@omarpolo.com>
Cc:
Stefan Sperling <stsp@stsp.name>, gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2022 19:49:07 +0300

On Fri, Jul 22, 2022 at 09:43:04AM +0200, Omar Polo wrote:
> Stefan Sperling <stsp@stsp.name> wrote:
> > This makes the rebase and histedit commands reset committer name in
> > newly created commits, based on author info found in the usual way.
> >
> > Before this change, the committer field was simply copied from the
> > meta-data of each rebased/edited commit. It makes sense to reset this
> > field when commits get passed on via someone else (this was suggested
> > to me by jrick during r2k22).
> >
> > Also, this behaviour change is required to support server-side checks
> > which ensure that a committer's name matches authentication credentials
> > used to send commits.
> > Which is something our own future server should probably do.
> >
> > ok?
>
> i missed the case where the committer is someone else and then a commit
> gets rebased / histedit'd and we need to override the committer too.
>
> ok op@

It looks like this patch breaks my usual workflow:

misha:/home/misha/work/got:1358$ got fetch && got up -b origin/main && got rebase main
Connecting to "origin" git.gameoftrees.org
Already up-to-date
Already up-to-date
got: GOT_AUTHOR environment variable is not set

It fails to rebase.

If I do got bo 598eac4331d322ab9e91ee6864c54845e3a6e86c and recompile
everything starts to work fine.

Is it supposed to be like that?