From:
Re: tog: todo item #2 respond to key presses while "loading..."
To:
Game of Trees <gameoftrees@openbsd.org>
Date:
Sat, 13 Aug 2022 00:58:26 +1000

On 22-08-12 04:39PM, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 11:51:32PM +1000, Mark Jamsek wrote:
> > I thought I'd have a quick look at this before zzz but I'm not sure it
> > can be so simple so I'm looking for further testing.
> >
> > I've been playing with this in src.git for a bit and it appears to work
> > as you'd expect: you can open other views, navigate the log, and even
> > quit tog while all ~221k commits are loading. Once they're all loaded,
> > if you {are in,return to} the log view, the last commit is selected.
> >
> > This was a great suggestion btw, it's a huge boon for large repos!
>
> Yes, this seems to work fine during initial testing. Searching in the
> log view itself seems to work fine as well, while commits are loading.
>
> My main worry would be crashes due to bugs in the threading.
> Such bugs will only be discovered during regular usage, so we could go
> ahead with this patch and see what happens.

This was my main concern so I was trying to educe a crash by opening new
log views and jumping to the end again (G, R, G, return, G) but it all
worked!

I'll commit it now and hopefully wider use will reveal any problems.
Thanks for testing this, Stefan.

--
Mark Jamsek <fnc.bsdbox.org>
GPG: F2FF 13DE 6A06 C471 CA80  E6E2 2930 DC66 86EE CF68