From:
Re: got: gotadmin init -b to specify HEAD + new got import behaviour
To:
Game of Trees <gameoftrees@openbsd.org>
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2022 00:18:54 +1000

On 22-09-03 03:35PM, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 03, 2022 at 10:59:28PM +1000, Mark Jamsek wrote:
> > This is a reworked diff that changes the behaviour of both `gotadmin
> > init` and `got import` that was briefly discussed with stsp in person.
> > It enables creating an arbitrary HEAD reference at repo creation with
> > `gotadmin init`. We also no longer hardcode "main" in `got import` but
> > instead read HEAD so if a branch is not specified with -b, import
> > defaults to the branch resolved via the repository's HEAD reference.
>
> This seems fine to me.

Great! Thanks for reviewing this.

> There are no changes in regress tests. Is that because they won't be
> needed or because they have yet to be written?

No, I think this is needed; however, after discussing this with you last
week I wanted to get your thoughts on the diff before continuing.

I got home last night but haven't done much today. I'll finish this
tomorrow and shoot through the complete diff for review.

--
Mark Jamsek <fnc.bsdbox.org>
GPG: F2FF 13DE 6A06 C471 CA80  E6E2 2930 DC66 86EE CF68