"GOT", but the "O" is a cute, smiling sun Index | Thread

From:
Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>
Re: gotwebd: openat(2) and less params for scraping repo info
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2022 18:56:24 +0100

Omar Polo:

> Here's a reiteration of the previous diff.  Since i was already using
> openat(2) in gotweb_get_repo_{description,clone_url} i thought i could
> avoid the FILE handling at all: all we need to do is seek a bit to see
> how big the file is and read from it.  It also changes len to be off_t
> since now it's using lseek instead of fseek.

BTW, fseek() and ftell() are poor reasons for *not* using off_t.
There are feeko() and ftello() replacements that take off_t.

I've been tempted to replace all instances of fseek(), but back
when I grepped the got tree the last time, they all took 0 as
argument, so the parameter type is moot.