From:
Re: got clone/send/fetch: print full URL
To:
Mark Jamsek <mark@jamsek.com>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2022 12:42:41 +0100

On 2022/11/18 21:35:54 +1100, Mark Jamsek <mark@jamsek.com> wrote:
> tbh, I think I would prefer your change keeping the "origin" or "fork"
> remote names; something like:
>
> 	% got send fork
> 	Connecting to "fork" ssh://git@github.com/omar-polo/picom
>
> 	% got fetch
> 	Connecting to "origin" ssh://git@github.com/yshui/picom
>
> It still keeps characters at a reasonable length excepting unusually
> long remote names or URLs.  That said, I'm not strongly against removing
> them--I just think it's good to have the visual confirmation even though
> your argument makes perfect sense (i.e., it's somewhat redundant given
> the user has just specified the remote or it's the standard default
> "origin").

my initial diff retained the remote name, dropping it was a quick
change before sending the diff actually.  I don't have strong
opinions, I removed the remote mostly because I normally stare at
80x24 xterm windows and so i'd prefer to keep the lines short :)

also, i think i've never read the remote name in the command output, I
only payed attention at the user@host, but that's just me.

Anyway, for all practical purposes keeping the remote name too is not
an issue and I'm happy to send a tweaked diff that retains it.