From:
Re: got clone/send/fetch: print full URL
To:
Omar Polo <op@omarpolo.com>
Cc:
Mark Jamsek <mark@jamsek.com>, gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2022 12:58:54 +0100

On Fri, Nov 18, 2022 at 12:42:41PM +0100, Omar Polo wrote:
> my initial diff retained the remote name, dropping it was a quick
> change before sending the diff actually.  I don't have strong
> opinions, I removed the remote mostly because I normally stare at
> 80x24 xterm windows and so i'd prefer to keep the lines short :)
>
> also, i think i've never read the remote name in the command output, I
> only payed attention at the user@host, but that's just me.
>
> Anyway, for all practical purposes keeping the remote name too is not
> an issue and I'm happy to send a tweaked diff that retains it.

Let's retain the name for now. It is useful visual feedback (did it use
the remote I specified?). And the name should help when people copy/paste
lines of output if they need help because something is not working as
expected.