From:
Re: show from/via on consecutive lines in commit log
To:
Mark Jamsek <mark@jamsek.com>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2023 17:24:25 +0100

On Sun, Jan 08, 2023 at 03:04:42AM +1100, Mark Jamsek wrote:
> On 23-01-07 04:48PM, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> > Both 'got log' and 'tog log' currently display the commit date
> > between the from: and via: lines. This patch tweaks the display
> > such that from: and via: appear on consecutive lines. I believe
> > this looks nicer, especially in case where commits were created
> > with the -A flag.
> >
> > The date is always the committer's timestamp, and it is now always
> > displayed below the name of the committer.
> >
> > Amazingly, there is no test fallout at all because the tests which
> > look at from/via lines all use grep to filter out the date.
> >
> > ok?
>
> yes, ok

Thanks, committed.

> I'm somewhat ambivalent from an aesthetic perspective: it certainly
> reads better, but contiguous FROM and VIA lines in the same colour
> throws me!
>
> I wonder if we need to colour distinguish FROM and VIA now :)

It looks fine to me the way it is now.
Of course, this is highly subjective :)

Currently both lines are colored by TOG_COLOR_AUTHOR.
We could introduce TOG_COLOR_COMMITTER and make it use a separate
default color if you prefer. I just have a little bit of doubt since
it would be yet another config knob...