From:
Re: gotwebd: fix briefs/tags navigation overlap
To:
Mark Jamsek <mark@jamsek.com>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Wed, 01 Feb 2023 09:26:00 +0100

On 2023/02/01 13:40:43 +1100, Mark Jamsek <mark@jamsek.com> wrote:
> Just a suggestion to think about but please disregard if you don't like
> it...
>
> perhaps keep "More" left-aligned:
>
> #nav_more {
> 	padding: 5px 0;
> 	padding-left: 10px;
> }

I'm not sure.  it feels strange to me to have "more" left-aligned,
when "next" is right and "prev" left aligned.  I went with centered to
distinguish it from the other actions, but if not I'd at least go with
having it right aligned like "next".

> and (this I'm sure you won't like :), maybe add a down arrow (stolen
> from how Fossil does this to the timeline/log web UI) to the "More"
> link:

>           More &nbsp;&darr;
>         </a>
>
> You can see how this looks here:
> http://jamsek.net/?action=summary&path=got.git

sorry to betray your expectations but I like it :)

I forgot that there was an unicode arrow like that, and since i wasn't
sure that inlining a bit of svg would be accepted I avoided adding
icons.  but fwiw i like it!

Tracey was even thinking of using a bit of js (if available) to load
the next entries dinamically, which would make the more with an arrow
particularly nice.