From:
Tracey Emery <tracey@traceyemery.net>
Re: gotwebd: fix briefs/tags navigation overlap
To:
Mark Jamsek <mark@jamsek.com>
Cc:
Omar Polo <op@omarpolo.com>, gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2023 07:56:28 -0700

On Wed, Feb 01, 2023 at 08:07:13PM +1100, Mark Jamsek wrote:
> On 23-02-01 09:26AM, Omar Polo wrote:
> > On 2023/02/01 13:40:43 +1100, Mark Jamsek <mark@jamsek.com> wrote:
> > > Just a suggestion to think about but please disregard if you don't like
> > > it...
> > >
> > > perhaps keep "More" left-aligned:
> > >
> > > #nav_more {
> > > 	padding: 5px 0;
> > > 	padding-left: 10px;
> > > }
> >
> > I'm not sure.  it feels strange to me to have "more" left-aligned,
> > when "next" is right and "prev" left aligned.  I went with centered to
> > distinguish it from the other actions, but if not I'd at least go with
> > having it right aligned like "next".
>
> I'm happy with whichever you decide :)
>
> > > and (this I'm sure you won't like :), maybe add a down arrow (stolen
> > > from how Fossil does this to the timeline/log web UI) to the "More"
> > > link:

> > >           More &nbsp;&darr;
> > >         </a>
> > >
> > > You can see how this looks here:
> > > http://jamsek.net/?action=summary&path=got.git
> >
> > sorry to betray your expectations but I like it :)
>
> hah, I would've bet you wouldn't like it!
>
> But I'm really glad you do :)
>
> > I forgot that there was an unicode arrow like that, and since i wasn't
> > sure that inlining a bit of svg would be accepted I avoided adding
> > icons.  but fwiw i like it!
> >
> > Tracey was even thinking of using a bit of js (if available) to load
> > the next entries dinamically, which would make the more with an arrow
> > particularly nice.
>
> I'm not really keen on using js but I'll leave those decisions to you
> and Tracey. I must admit it would be nice to load entries like that
> though.

I'm not terribly keen on introducing js either, but it is a necessary
grossness when using the html dom stuff. Unless, we can brain a clever
way around it, but i'm not sure of any browser tricks that don't use js.
I am a bit behind in keeping up on that tech.

--

Tracey Emery