From:
Re: tog: add horizontal scrolling to the ref view
To:
Omar Polo <op@omarpolo.com>
Cc:
Game of Trees <gameoftrees@openbsd.org>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2023 20:04:23 +1100

On 23-02-01 09:15AM, Omar Polo wrote:
> On 2023/02/01 18:14:36 +1100, Mark Jamsek <mark@jamsek.com> wrote:
> > As per the subject line, given ref entries can be quite long, especially
> > if the last modified date and ID is displayed (with 'm' and 'i' keymaps,
> > respectively), I figure we should support horizontal scrolling in this
> > view too.
> >
> > ok?
>
> agreed; it's really nice!  ok op@
>
> needs to be mentioned in the manpage; since most (*) views now have
> hscroll maybe we can just document 0/$/l/h in the global keybindings
> section?
>
> (*): only tree is missing?  would it make sense to have hscroll there
>      too?

oh thanks!

For some reason, I thought we already had it documented in global
keymaps but you're right! I'll also need to add it to the ref runtime
help section too.

I thought about adding hscroll to the tree view, but in most cases
a very small window would be needed to have a tree entry run off-screen.

That said, I think it will be trivial to add so I may as well expand
hscroll support to tree views too. Then we can make the keys global :)

--
Mark Jamsek <fnc.bsdbox.org>
GPG: F2FF 13DE 6A06 C471 CA80  E6E2 2930 DC66 86EE CF68