From:
Re: tog: add horizontal scrolling to the ref view
To:
Mark Jamsek <mark@jamsek.com>
Cc:
Omar Polo <op@omarpolo.com>, Game of Trees <gameoftrees@openbsd.org>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2023 13:36:00 +0100

On Wed, Feb 01, 2023 at 08:04:23PM +1100, Mark Jamsek wrote:
> On 23-02-01 09:15AM, Omar Polo wrote:
> > needs to be mentioned in the manpage; since most (*) views now have
> > hscroll maybe we can just document 0/$/l/h in the global keybindings
> > section?
> >
> > (*): only tree is missing?  would it make sense to have hscroll there
> >      too?
>
> oh thanks!
>
> For some reason, I thought we already had it documented in global
> keymaps but you're right! I'll also need to add it to the ref runtime
> help section too.
>
> I thought about adding hscroll to the tree view, but in most cases
> a very small window would be needed to have a tree entry run off-screen.
>
> That said, I think it will be trivial to add so I may as well expand
> hscroll support to tree views too. Then we can make the keys global :)

I agree that having horizontal scrolling behave consistently across all
the views would be good. Principle of least surprise applies.