From:
James Cook <falsifian@falsifian.org>
Re: got histedit tribulations
To:
Stefan Sperling <stsp@stsp.name>
Cc:
Ted Bullock <tbullock@comlore.com>, gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2023 09:05:32 +0000

> Thanks for pointing this out. I have added hints to the section of
> the man page which documents the 'edit' command of the histedit script:
> https://git.gameoftrees.org/gitweb/?p=got.git;a=commitdiff;h=456d8970e

Thanks, that text confirms what I suspected, and will hopefully be
useful to others.

I wonder if it would be good to replace the first sentence with:

	Apply the changes from the specified commit, but then interrupt
	the histedit operation for amending, without creating a commit.

My fear is that otherwise a reader might assume at least one commit is
created by default (though how this would happen is unclear). But I'm
just speculating.

--
James