From:
Re: vi struggling to save commit messages
To:
"Todd C. Miller" <millert@openbsd.org>
Cc:
Ted Bullock <tbullock@comlore.com>, gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2023 22:29:50 +0100

On Wed, Mar 08, 2023 at 02:21:04PM -0700, Todd C. Miller wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Mar 2023 22:19:35 +0100, Stefan Sperling wrote:
>
> > I can reproduce this with Vim on an NFS share between two amd64 systems.
> >
> > Running fsync() before starting the editor fixes it for me.
>
> It should be sufficient to just close the fd first.

Yes, this works, too. ok by me.

I would still add the missing error handling around write and close
in histedit_edit_logmsg() though. But I can extract that from my diff
after yours is in if you prefer.