From:
Re: tog test harness
To:
Mark Jamsek <mark@jamsek.com>
Cc:
Game of Trees <gameoftrees@openbsd.org>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2023 15:50:35 +0200

On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 11:28:10PM +1000, Mark Jamsek wrote:
> One caveat I want to highlight: testing requires a regress build
> which is basically a profile build (i.e., *unpledged*):

Is this just because tog is opening the screendump file late?
Or because of some other problem?

Since the screendump file path is constant throughout the lifetime of
the program it should be possible to open this file before pledging.
The screendump function should probably truncate the open file before
writing, such that the test suite would not have to worry about the
state of this file when a new test run is started.

I am ok with this diff going in as a starting point in any case.