From:
Re: tog test harness
To:
Game of Trees <gameoftrees@openbsd.org>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2023 00:01:52 +1000

On 23-04-12 03:50PM, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 11:28:10PM +1000, Mark Jamsek wrote:
> > One caveat I want to highlight: testing requires a regress build
> > which is basically a profile build (i.e., *unpledged*):
>
> Is this just because tog is opening the screendump file late?
> Or because of some other problem?

You might be right! Geez, that will be easy enough to change. I thought
it was something else, but hopefully this does it.

> Since the screendump file path is constant throughout the lifetime of
> the program it should be possible to open this file before pledging.
> The screendump function should probably truncate the open file before
> writing, such that the test suite would not have to worry about the
> state of this file when a new test run is started.
>
> I am ok with this diff going in as a starting point in any case.

Yes, we can definitely open it before calling pledge(). I was about to
zzz so will send this now but will cook a diff tomorrow to see if that
fixes the pledge issue. Thanks :)

--
Mark Jamsek <fnc.bsdbox.org|got.bsdbox.org>
GPG: F2FF 13DE 6A06 C471 CA80  E6E2 2930 DC66 86EE CF68