From:
Re: tog: vsplit view restored after resize of fullscreen mode
To:
Mikhail <mp39590@gmail.com>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2023 13:26:14 +1000

On 23-04-20 09:01PM, Mikhail wrote:
> Make xterm big enough to be able to show vertical split and do the
> following in a repo:
>
> <enter> (show any commit in vsplit)
> <resize xterm>
>
> vsplit view is restored.
>
> Is it expected?

It's arguably surprising behaviour but, yes, this is how tog has always
behaved--at least as far back as 0.60--so is expected in that sense.

I'm not sure if it should be changed as this sort of comports with the
docs (emphasis added):

F	Toggle fullscreen mode for a split-screen view.  **tog will
	automatically use vertical split-screen views if the size of the
	terminal window is sufficiently large.**

And this is convenient sometimes. For example, when tog is started in
a small 80x24 term which is then increased and if viewing a diff, it
auto-splits with the log view. This is handy imo.

That said, we could keep that aspect, but when the user explicitly
requests fullscreen mode with F, not split when resized.

--
Mark Jamsek <fnc.bsdbox.org|got.bsdbox.org>
GPG: F2FF 13DE 6A06 C471 CA80  E6E2 2930 DC66 86EE CF68