From:
Re: got patch vs binary files
To:
Omar Polo <op@omarpolo.com>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2023 12:54:00 +0200

On Fri, May 12, 2023 at 09:06:15PM +0200, Omar Polo wrote:
> The diff is not committable as-is however.  I had to disable a check
> in diff3 to allow got_merge_diff3 to proceed on binary files.

Can we detect embedded NULs and have 'got patch' only do search/replace
for such files and skip diff3?  See also got_object_blob_is_binary(),
you might want to add a similar helper function.

The diff3 code isn't prepared to deal with embedded NULs and I am
afraid it would be hard to fix that without a complete rewrite (which
is needed in any case because the current approach of diff3 with an
internal ed-style mini scripting syntax really sucks).