From:
Re: got {diff,log,update} -c KEYWORD (cf. svn revision keywords)
To:
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2023 20:15:25 +0200

  • Christian Weisgerber:

  • On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 07:50:29PM +0200, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
    > Mark Jamsek:
    >
    > > As discussed not too long ago, the below diff implements the special
    > > keywords BASE and HEAD, which can be used as the <commit> argument to
    > > the -c option in the diff, log, and update commands.
    >
    > I certainly think this will be useful!
    > $ got update -c HEAD-1; got histedit
    >
    > I guess "HEAD" is already special in git/got.  Would it make sense
    > to use a special symbol instead of "BASE", e.g. "."?
    >
    > There is another issue with BASE: In a got worktree, the base commit
    > is per file.

    The special symbols which may not appear in reference names are:

      ' ' (space)
      ~
      ^
      :
      ?
      *
      [
      \
      //
      @{

    These are used by the Git CLI for various purposes. If we can somehow
    derive a simple and usable syntax from these symbols it will be much
    easier to make this feature work with branch names.

  • Christian Weisgerber: