From:
Re: got {diff,log,update} -c KEYWORD (cf. svn revision keywords)
To:
Stefan Sperling <stsp@stsp.name>
Cc:
Omar Polo <op@omarpolo.com>, gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2023 17:55:43 +1000

  • Stefan Sperling:

    got {diff,log,update} -c KEYWORD (cf. svn revision keywords)

    • Mark Jamsek:

      got {diff,log,update} -c KEYWORD (cf. svn revision keywords)

  • Christian Weisgerber:

  • Stefan Sperling <stsp@stsp.name> wrote:
    > On Fri, Jul 14, 2023 at 11:44:08PM +1000, Mark Jamsek wrote:
    > > I've made a few changes that I think make it a lot nicer, and have
    > > added some non-trivial and somewhat contrived tests too.
    > >
    > > I nixed the hand-rolled overflow code so we use strtonum(3), and made
    > > the keyword parsing strict. That lax keyword comparison was by design
    > > initially but I forgot to remove it; I was using -cBASED in testing :)
    > >
    > > Something I just noticed that I like about the ':' delimiters is ^W
    > > removes back to the ':', which is handy. And the +/-N works great with
    > > tog's count modifier. You can open tog, see which commit it is you
    > > want with Nj, and use the same N count (or the headline index-1) in the
    > > 'got * -c:head:-N' command! This is going to save a lot of copypasting
    > > and misremembering commit ids. It's pretty neat :)
    >
    > Ok by me.
    >
    > I am certain we will be making more tweaks to this over time but
    > this seems like a good starting point for further work to happen
    > in the tree.
    > Thanks for addressing the problem with ambiguous syntax. That was
    > the biggest issue from my point of view.

    Thanks! And no worries wrt syntax. I think it's much better like this :)

    Yes, I want to make it consistent and expand support (where it makes
    sense) to all commands that take a commit id or reference.

    Then I want to add more keywords like temporal expressions.

    But I felt like this was a good start; it already provides a convenience
    I think I'll use daily, and wider use will help inform future work.

    --
    Mark Jamsek <https://bsdbox.org>
    GPG: F2FF 13DE 6A06 C471 CA80  E6E2 2930 DC66 86EE CF68

  • Stefan Sperling: