From:
Re: got {diff,log,update} -c KEYWORD (cf. svn revision keywords)
To:
Mark Jamsek <mark@jamsek.com>
Cc:
Omar Polo <op@omarpolo.com>, gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2023 14:56:07 +0200

  • Stefan Sperling:

    got {diff,log,update} -c KEYWORD (cf. svn revision keywords)

  • Christian Weisgerber:

  • On Fri, Jul 14, 2023 at 11:44:08PM +1000, Mark Jamsek wrote:
    > I've made a few changes that I think make it a lot nicer, and have
    > added some non-trivial and somewhat contrived tests too.
    >
    > I nixed the hand-rolled overflow code so we use strtonum(3), and made
    > the keyword parsing strict. That lax keyword comparison was by design
    > initially but I forgot to remove it; I was using -cBASED in testing :)
    >
    > Something I just noticed that I like about the ':' delimiters is ^W
    > removes back to the ':', which is handy. And the +/-N works great with
    > tog's count modifier. You can open tog, see which commit it is you
    > want with Nj, and use the same N count (or the headline index-1) in the
    > 'got * -c:head:-N' command! This is going to save a lot of copypasting
    > and misremembering commit ids. It's pretty neat :)

    Ok by me.

    I am certain we will be making more tweaks to this over time but
    this seems like a good starting point for further work to happen
    in the tree.
    Thanks for addressing the problem with ambiguous syntax. That was
    the biggest issue from my point of view.

  • Stefan Sperling: