From:
Mikhail <mp39590@gmail.com>
Re: tog: base commit marker in limit view
To:
Mark Jamsek <mark@jamsek.com>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2023 12:02:37 +0300

On Sat, Aug 12, 2023 at 06:14:08PM +1000, Mark Jamsek wrote:
> Thanks, Mikhail! I completely forgot about the limit option. This is
> another ideal test case too, which I'll add to the list :)
>
> While the proposed patch is indeed better than the current behaviour,
> I don't think it is the best way to do this because it will fail to show
> the marker if the limit view does contain the base commit.

What is the purpose of showing the marker in limit view at all? - it
may look accurate and precise, but it is redundant info. User who uses
"limit" looking for commits, not the info about whether his wt is clean.

I see no point in making something with 20 lines patch when almost
the same user experience can be achieved with oneliner - it only
increases cost of support for the code and raises entry point for new
contributors.

But I've no strong objections.