From:
Re: do not hardcode digest length when parsing packed trees
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Wed, 17 Jul 2024 23:32:33 +0200

Omar Polo:

> the subject says it all.  there are a few upcoming diff where I'm
> replacing SHA1_DIGEST{,_STRING}_LENGTH with the right length derived
> with got_hash_digest{,_string}_length() but this is a bit more delicate.

Since you are already in the process of abstracting the hash details,
I think it would help -portable if all the interfacing with the
operating system SHA functions were completely encapsulated in
lib/hash.c, and everything else referenced only got_*() functions
and GOT_* defines.

To rephrase, the goal should be to remove

#include <sha1.h>
#include <sha2.h>

from all other source files.