From:
Re: [rfc] compound keymaps with prefixed count modifier like vi(1)
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2022 01:20:42 +1000

  • Omar Polo:

  • On 22-06-22 04:26pm, Stefan Sperling wrote:
    > On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 12:18:03AM +1000, Mark Jamsek wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Yes, just documenting the timeout seems fine. I entirely missed that the
    > > > number prompt will time out when I did my initial quick review.
    > > >
    > > > The timeout should probably be configurable via env vars, but we can
    > > > add this later.
    > >
    > > ok, sounds good!
    > >
    > > The updated diff adds the timeout to the man page and a couple minor fixes:
    > > left-behind typo and ensuring that we scroll all the way up with C-u in
    > > blame view if the count modifier is large enough
    >
    > I am happy with this going patch in. But we should keep refining this for
    > improved usability. I think some visual clue that the number is being
    > parsed would be nice to have, as suggested in another message of this
    > discussion thread.

    Thanks, Stefan! I committed this. It's late here now, but I can refine
    this tomorrow evening by making the numbers echo as they're input and
    perhaps make the timeout user-defined with an envvar so users can either
    disable the timeout or set it to their liking.

    --
    Mark Jamsek <fnc.bsdbox.org>
    GPG: F2FF 13DE 6A06 C471 CA80  E6E2 2930 DC66 86EE CF68

  • Omar Polo:

    [rfc] compound keymaps with prefixed count modifier like vi(1)