From:
Re: got backout/cherrypick metadata (for commit log messages)
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2023 16:06:27 +0100

  • Christian Weisgerber:

    got backout/cherrypick metadata (for commit log messages)

  • Mark Jamsek:

    > The below diff implements stsp's brilliant idea using the algorithm he
    > laid out in the earlier thread (got backout/cherrypick auto commit).
    > I basically went with his suggestions across the board as far as the
    > algorithm and special case handling is concerned.
    -snip-

    Thanks for the long explanation.  This sounds great!

    Minor detail: When the log messages are prepared for the editor,
    should a git-style "(cherry picked from commit xxxx)" be appended?
    I guess there's also "This reverts commit xxxx." for backouts (git:
    reverts).

  • Christian Weisgerber:

    got backout/cherrypick metadata (for commit log messages)