From:
Re: -portable: config.h/split dependencies
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2023 17:19:58 +0100

Thomas Adam:

> Please have a look at the `ta/configh` branch in the main -portable repo,
> which addresses a few things: [...]
> But I consider this branch to be in a good enough state to test, so please do,
> and let me know how you get on.

I'm rather enthusiastic about this.  As of 8bc24a1fa66d, it looks
fine on FreeBSD.

On the flip side, these changes have revealed new issues that were
previously hard to notice. :-)

configure.ac has a check for libcrypto with the somewhat mysterious
comment "libcrypto (via libssl for SHA information)".  The resultant
libcrypto_LIBS is used _only_ to build libexec/got-fetch-pack.  That
can't be right.  If some platform needs libcrypto, it will need it
in other places, too.  If it has the SHA1/2 functions in libc or
libmd, it won't need libcrypto in got-fetch-pack either.