From:
Re: -portable: config.h/split dependencies
To:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2023 21:16:03 +0100

Thomas Adam:

> 1.  Introduces config.h -- this is actually written out as include/got_compat.h

This makes it easier to check whether all those #ifdef HAVE_FOO
refer to a macro that actually has a chance to be defined.  After
stumbling over the spurious HAVE_SHA2, I started grepping...

Unless I missed something, there are a considerable number of HAVE_
macros that don't show up in got_compat.h and that can never be
defined by the configure script.  Note that AM_CONDITIONAL does
_not_ imply a corresponding AC_DEFINE.

Here's the list, along with the files where the macro is referenced:

HAVE_DIRENT_H
HAVE_FCNTL_CLOSEM
HAVE_NDIR_H
HAVE_SYSCONF