From:
Re: [rfc] compound keymaps with prefixed count modifier like vi(1)
To:
Omar Polo <op@omarpolo.com>
Cc:
gameoftrees@openbsd.org
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2022 00:29:38 +1000

On 22-06-23 12:24am, Mark Jamsek wrote:
> On 22-06-22 04:08pm, Omar Polo wrote:
> > Mark Jamsek <mark@jamsek.com> wrote:
> >
> > Anyway, don't mind my questions, I've realized that most of the times
> > when something doesn't work as I expect it's actually for a good reason
> > and my expectations were wrong in the first place :)
> >

> I prefer the timeout approach, but I'm happy to change it if you think
> it's better? I don't have any real argument apart from that's just what
> I'm accustomed to so I haven't even given much thought to what could be
> the "better" approach.

Actually, once we make the timeout configurable, users could set it
arbitrarily high so there would effectively be no timeout, making it
more like less(1). I guess that's one way to cater to both models.

--
Mark Jamsek <fnc.bsdbox.org>
GPG: F2FF 13DE 6A06 C471 CA80  E6E2 2930 DC66 86EE CF68